Members do not see advertisements

Thread: Vsc 340

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vsc 340

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new ESC for my brushed Venom!,I wanted to know if anyone has experience with these !They handle 8-23 turn,lipo compatible and $25!I have an external cutoff so no issues there!I just want some opinions on the product before I make the purchase!I refuse to spend $100 on a brushed controller!

Post Thanks / Like

You got a link to this esc?
    Tom

Clod Buster, Lack of Motivation (Jugg) Build, TLT 1, Blitzer Beetle, Frog, Sand Scorcher

Post Thanks / Like

I saw those too I was tempted. I couldn't find any info on the they are new to the US I think. I say new to the US because I saw a video on YouTube and some dude from England had an ESC that looked indentical in a touring car except the heat sink was orange. So my guess is it's a re-branded ESC.

The specs look good on paper but I haven't had the best luck with Venom products. It's hardly a risk though at $25. I might get one if I end up getting a touring car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by th67ss View Post
    You got a link to this esc?
    Here is a pic from google. I saw them on eBay a couple weeks ago but there are none listed now

Post Thanks / Like

The one I meant was the VSC320 it's 320 amps the 240 is 240 amps !!I'm gonna buy the 320 they're on the bay for $22-$25 !! Gonna pull the trigger right now!!

Post Thanks / Like

for a brushed esc it looks really good for the money.....i used a brushless ezrun in my creeper and got it for like 30 bucks, i works really good on 3s.

Post Thanks / Like

Been reading up on these things, they don't look to bad for the price. I think you'll still need to run a LVC with them if you plan to run Lipo's? Only reason I say that is I saw that the LVC on them shuts down the electronic at 5V.
    Tom

Clod Buster, Lack of Motivation (Jugg) Build, TLT 1, Blitzer Beetle, Frog, Sand Scorcher

Post Thanks / Like

I have a LVC installed on the truck!!It shuts down at 5V for NIMH I have a 2S LVC set for 6V I never run that low I usually shut down when the red light appears and shut down!That's around 6.2V give or take!!I love the fact it goes down to 8 turns ,I think I'll by another for the holiday buggy,it has a 10turn and A classic Tekin G10 forward only from my on road racing days plenty fast but no reverse!!

Post Thanks / Like

Can I buy a LVC add-on for old ESCs? I have a Super Rooster, LRP F1 Pro, and EVX2 in my trucks none of which will work with Lipo. If I could buy a peice to splice in that would be one less hurdle blocking my Lipo switch-over. I think Novak used to make one but I can't find it on Tower now...

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't do it!!My old g10 has a 6 cell race pack I built and used in my TC3 back in the days !!I haven't used it forever!!I'd just suggest a cheap brushed system !!I thought of the same thing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kjr2 View Post
    Can I buy a LVC add-on for old ESCs? I have a Super Rooster, LRP F1 Pro, and EVX2 in my trucks none of which will work with Lipo. If I could buy a peice to splice in that would be one less hurdle blocking my Lipo switch-over. I think Novak used to make one but I can't find it on Tower now...
    i have a novak one for 3s...and it works fine as it will cut the throttle when voltage drops...honestly, it's not connected anymore and it sits in my pit box...

i use these:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7224

work GREAT and has different beeps/led colors to let you know what voltage the lipo is at...they also make a 3s version...when i play with a esc without LVC, i just pop it onto the balance connector...moves from car-to-car, and no programming needed...and wont matter if i'm running 2s or 3s, as the monitor i use will be battery specific anyway...if you only plan to use one type of lipo, you could wire it to the battery leads and have it mounted permanently into the car...

disregard the reviews about it being too soft, as those are coming from plane guys...you can hear it fine in a surface situation...

Post Thanks / Like

There are LVC's on the bay for $10! Cheap and reliable!I use a 2s version!

Post Thanks / Like

Jayson, do you have to program the HobbyKing LVC to cut off at a certain voltage or are they pre-set for that?

Quote from link:Hobby King Battery Monitor 2S
    Accurate and easy to use, the Hobby King Battery Monitor 2S will give a warning buzzer when the Lipoly pack drops below 6v.

I thought you shouldn't run a Lipo below 6V?

As far as price they look good!
    Last edited by th67ss; 02-01-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: x
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

they're preset tom...so if you need a cut off for 3s, you'd buy the 3s version...and so on for 4s, etc...at certain voltages it does different things first it will light up blue, then has blue flashes, then lights up red, then has red flashes and beeps...when i use mine, i usually stop when it has the intermittent beeps...still above 6v at that time...

here's the instruction sheet for it...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jayson!

I also see what you were talking about with the balance plug too.
    Tom