Members do not see advertisements
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Grave Digger XX

Default Grave Digger XX

I figured I'd post my rig before I let her go..

extended WB with aluminum lower links + bent wire sway bars
    Stock WK tires on RPM revolver wheels
    4 wheel steering from a single chassis mounted servo in stock location
    mod1 gears in transmission
    updated, now has a full velineon kit in it. 3500kv motor.
    hitec 5985mg servo
    spektrum rx/tx
    traxxas grave digger xx body autographed by Charlie Pauken at monster jam last night
    ridiculously fun truck but i hardly ever run it, so im putting the old girl up for sale on rctech. maybe another digger build in the future.

Last edited by M0nster; 04-04-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Follows
    Following

That's a good lookin Digger. How do you like it with four wheel steering?

Follows
    Following

How did you do the 4WS?
    Ah Biscuits........

I love the 4ws. Turns so sharp its crazy. But its squirrely as **** at speed.

For the links i trimmed the motor plate and tansmission case to allow for more throw on the center pivot link. Then trimmed the inside of that pivot link to add the second rod end but a ball wouldnt fit inside the arm so i had to find a bushing that fit inside the rod end then i shaved the rod end to be more narrow. Then the rear steering link was a pain. Had to bend some all thread to reach back. The hard part was getting it to clear the upper links at all range of motion. then i used a tlt shock bracket bolted to the upper shock mount sideways on the axle to act as the read steering pivot point. Then it works the same way as the front. Theres a bit of play in it, but its not a tight tuned race rig so im not too worried about it

Follows
    Following

That is a nice looking truck are you sure you want to get rid of it you might regret it down the road.

Unfortunately i need cash, and i have a surplus of rc stuff i need to sell. I learned a lot and will build another one someday.

ok, so now im considering keeping it lol

so if I do, i'd like to get some play out of the wheels. should i take out the wideners? they seem to be the main cause of the slop.

also what are the softest springs to look for for this truck? i feel like the stock ones are so stiff that the tires are doing more dampening than the shocks.

Follows
    Following

HPI MT2 springs, I believe yellow is the softest and purple are stiffest.
    __solids rule _________________________ My Email

those look pretty short though. 70mm? will i have to run loads of preload spacers to take up the gap?

Follows
    Following

get the rears, think they are 80

Awesome digger..never thought a wheely king frame could be so cool..

Follows
    Following

Really cool gravedigger,now I gotta find a wk chassis..

sooo, VERY long story short, I bought my WK gravedigger back.

and now i want to tweak a few things before I try to resell it in the future.

gear lash, loads of it. does anyone else have this after switching to mod1 tranny gears?

blew up the final plastic gear in the tranny. so im ordering a 28t mod1 today to have a full steel transmission.

4ws is squirrely as ****. some slop in the system, but aside from switching to axle mounted servos, i dont think its going to get fixed.

needs MUCH softer suspension. im considering the HR 110mm internal sprung shocks. right now it has stock wk suspension and 32wt oil and the tires do 95% of the suspension.

Follows
    Following

HPI MT2 springs come in different rates and there are 2 softer than a stock WK rate.

Thats a great looking Digger!

Great combination of chasis & body.

Follows
    Following

Older thread, but I can't quit looking at this Digger. What all did you have to do to the body to make it fit the WK? Or is it pretty much a direct fit? The 4 Wheel steer is cool, thanks for explaining how to do that. After reading these cool threads, I don't know what direction I want to take my WK in...Digger...Legend..BH...Raminator...IDK. lol. Is the green chassis just the stock one painted?
    Last edited by DiggerXX; 05-14-2012 at 07:55 PM.

update!

I actually took off the 4ws last night and I'm trying out the ckrc axle mounted servo parts I had laying around. I wanted to run it around the track a bit today just for fun and it is squirrely as **** with 4ws and the velineon motor.

the chassis is the stock silver one, sanded, primed and painted.

the body fits this truck perfectly, all of the MJ traxxas bodies do.

i used 90% stock parts for the body mounts, aside from some 100mm aluminum links from the top of the rear body mount, to the little motor roll hoop thing.

I just wish I had the parts to mount up the clod wheels and tires I have here even though, they might be a little too big as of yet. im saving them for the next project (high powered 4s 1/8 scale grave digger)

Follows
    Following

Cool Great truck !!!!!!!!

awesome truck man. its simaler to what i want to build. love the traxxas body you should put a light kit in it. just wondering how long is the wheelbase and how tall are the tires? i want to do someting like it to on a wheely king later.
    Last edited by theblazer24; 02-21-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Where did you attached the rear elbow? I tried zooming in but I can't really tell how it was attached.