Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hey, new member

Cool Hey, new member

Members do not see advertisements
    Hey guys and girls,

I'm Connor, and I am from New Zealand.

I've been a massive Monster Jam / Monster Truck fan since 5y/o, now 16. New Zealand only has a few Monster Trucks like
    Demon Energy/The Rock FM, V Energy, School Bully and Terror Trip and they're pretty much the best we've got.

I've just joined the forum about five minutes ago, and it looks like a good thing to be a part of. Hopefully I can make some new friends while I'm
    here, join some discussions and help others with my past experiences with R/C stuff.

I've had a history of racing R/C Cars, I went from toy-grade R/C cars to drift, (specifically the Tamiya TT-01D) with different tire composites to off-road, back to drift and now I'm here, in the Monster Truck scene and I am ready to start crushin'.

R/C Monster Trucks have caught my attention from places like Trigger King on YouTube and have made me start the search for a truck to bring over here if I can. They look look incredibly fun to mess around with, and I would like to know where I can get one. Most places I can think of, (Being in New Zealand, and not the USA), won't be anywhere near close to stocking the kits or trucks needed to build my own, so I would like to know where to get some from overseas, how much it would cost (initial cost of kit/truck, shipping and import tax to my country). I don't really have enough money at this moment and time to buy one right now, so I'm just planning ahead and testing the waters since I know R/C is not a cheap sport, LOL.

I'm not sure If this subforum is the right place to post something like this, so if it isn't please let me know and I will move this to the appropriate
    place.

Thank you so much

- Connor

Follows
    Following

People like to use Tamiya Clod buster lits and Axial SMT10 trucks as a base for racing MT builds. Check those forums for info and see what you like.

Members do not see advertisements
    I'm a big fan of the HPI Wheely King. You can use the front wheels from the monster jam stampede as well as the link mounts from the HPI Crawler King to get a scale appearing monster. For bodies you can't beat the Traxxas monster jam bodies but they can be a bit pricey to find since people like to scalp them online.