Members do not see advertisements
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Follows
    Following

Default Jconcepts Monster Cross

The 2018 Jconcepts Monster Cross was a great event. Instead of doing monster truck style racing with only two trucks on the track in separate lanes the event had us doing circuit racing(like any 2wd or 4wd off-road class) with 5 minute mains and 4-6 trucks on the track at once. Matt and Mo and the track owners did one heck of a job setting up the track and running the event. Was a ton of fun doing something so different to the norm of monster truck racing.

Check out the size of the "mountain"
    Stephen Hopkins

Follows
    Following

I watched the jconcepts video of this. It looks like so much fun! I'm thrilled you had a blast!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Follows
    Following

RC Alley/Avenue used to do that every year. It was so much more fun and more time driving your trucks after driving 8+ hours to an event...
    Pede, Pede, Pede, 4x4 Pede, 6x6 Pede, Pede in pieces, Clod, Clod, Clod in pieces, TLT Crawler, TLT Crawler, TLT in pieces, WK, Slash, Mini Rash, 4x4 Slash, Twin Force, Mad Force Kruiser, Wild Dagger, Wild Dagger, Hummer, 1/16 Mustang VXL, SCX-10, TXT in pieces, Vaterra Blazer, Huey, Huey in pieces, Traxxas Quadcopter, etc...

Follows
    Following

That style of racing is where I got my start in R/C monster truck racing. RC AVE/Alley like Nick mentioned was it. It's nice to see a version of it return. I wanted to go to this latest one just couldn't swing it. Looks like it was fun track to race on for sure, the crazier the better LOL!!!
    2015 NRCTPA World Champion......Tweaked Racing Team......Defiance Racing
    2WD Tuff Truck, 4WD Tuff Truck, Drive Shaft, 4WD Modified, 4WD Pro Modified, Sport Modified, Independent Suspension, Chicago Style Racing

Follows
    Following

I was on the fence about going as I wasnt to sure how i'd enjoy it. I was worried with it being a smaller track passing would be hard and lap traffic would just cause a mess. Glad to say I was wrong. Was fun setting up passes and running people down. I like elimination racing, but having to race 5 minutes wheel to wheel with your competition was a ton of fun.

The runtime is great, some of the most fun I've had running these trucks in quite some time.
    Stephen Hopkins

Follows
    Following

Stephen, I know exactly what you're talking about!!! It's a whole different experience than what most are used to when it comes to monster truck racing. I raced this style of racing for years before I ever hit the side by side racing format. It can be nerve racking racing these big trucks for 5 minutes LOL!!!!
    2015 NRCTPA World Champion......Tweaked Racing Team......Defiance Racing
    2WD Tuff Truck, 4WD Tuff Truck, Drive Shaft, 4WD Modified, 4WD Pro Modified, Sport Modified, Independent Suspension, Chicago Style Racing