Members do not see advertisements
    Follows
    Following

Default Current 1:1 project, and why I have no money for r/c lol

I've had this truck since I was 18 and it was one of the first things I spent my Army paychecks on. I got it from my cousin who was also in the Army and he is the one who added the lift and had it painted black. It is a 1986 Chevy K-10 Scottsdale. I put a new engine in a couple years ago but haven't been able to really drive it around since. It has a 350 bored .060, 292/292 230/230 .480/.480 108 cam in it. 35x12.50x15 Xtreme MT-2 Pro Comp tires, Mickey Thompson wheels, NP208, etc. Anyways, I went to move the truck around my yard this past winter to keep fluids moving and stuff but it wouldn't budge. Turns out the c-clips came off the rear u-joint and worked their way out until the joint popped out and broke, knocking my driveshaft out. This in turn apparently shattered the rear of my 700r4 transmission casing and so I had to order a new trans. I have a new 700r4 rated for 700 hp on the way and it will hopefully be getting put in this weekend. Here's some pics, my poor truck is going to need a lot of body work and I have some plans for new axles, 1 ton frame, etc. in the future.

What it looked like back when I first got it. (found out later the paint job was done terribly and most of the paint started chipping off around the door badges and mirrors, etc. because they were painted around. Cheap paint used too so it started rusting shortly after this.
    blackbeauty1.JPG

What it looks like now in my garage being worked on...
    2018-05-02 20.53.55.jpg

My poor transmission
    2018-04-28 11.02.15.jpg

2018-05-02 20.54.28.jpg

The motor I built for it a couple years ago.
    2013-02-14_17-35-42_925.jpg

New transmission https://www.lizard700r4.com/700-r4

I put a lot of work into the truck over the past 3 years or so, new u-joints everywhere, seals, ball joints, tie rods, brake booster, brakes, bearings, etc. I recently put on a new washer reservoir, I have new headers for it, headlights, and many other things that are on the list to do eventually. Needs pretty much the entire body replaced, cab is ok except corners and rockers. Next time it gets bedlined so I don't have to worry about that anymore.
    Pede, Pede, Pede, 4x4 Pede, 6x6 Pede, Pede in pieces, Clod, Clod, Clod in pieces, TLT Crawler, TLT Crawler, TLT in pieces, WK, Slash, Mini Rash, 4x4 Slash, Twin Force, Mad Force Kruiser, Wild Dagger, Wild Dagger, Hummer, 1/16 Mustang VXL, SCX-10, TXT in pieces, Vaterra Blazer, Huey, Huey in pieces, Traxxas Quadcopter, etc...

Follows
    Following

Nice truck! I love older trucks like this. They have a lot of character. I would rather drive around in a truck like this than a brand new one. What are you using for a carburetor?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Follows
    Following

Thanks, I'm using an Edelbrock AVS off-road carburetor on it. This is the 2nd square body I owned, the first being my 1986 C-10 I got when I was 16. Sold it about 2 years ago. I've had at least 3 other square's over the years for parts and stuff.
    Pede, Pede, Pede, 4x4 Pede, 6x6 Pede, Pede in pieces, Clod, Clod, Clod in pieces, TLT Crawler, TLT Crawler, TLT in pieces, WK, Slash, Mini Rash, 4x4 Slash, Twin Force, Mad Force Kruiser, Wild Dagger, Wild Dagger, Hummer, 1/16 Mustang VXL, SCX-10, TXT in pieces, Vaterra Blazer, Huey, Huey in pieces, Traxxas Quadcopter, etc...

Follows
    Following

Transmission finally came in and is now installed. Just waiting on a new dipstick tube since the shipping dipsticks smashed the one that came with the trans...

2018-05-18 16.34.07.jpg
    2018-05-18 16.34.18.jpg
    2018-05-18 16.34.29.jpg