Members do not see advertisements
    Follows
    Following

Default Megopede XL and Chuckworks Trugopede.

Okay been awhile but a little update. My 1/8 scale Stampede took a slight turn and other people builds inspired me into a second 1/8 scale mid motor Stampede. My FLM Megopede XL is very close to completion. Since last post I got MIP X duty CVDs (#11104). They are long and very thick/ heavy duty. The Prolines are really nice and look durable but the MIPs are massive in comparison. Perfect fit for Protrac 4x4 arms. They do have keyed hexes (no drive pins) so can cause issues if trying to use wideners or 17mm conversions. Pretty sure MIP makes pined outer stubs to convert. I have full electronics with a Hobbywing WP-SC8 esc and Tenshock 4600 550 4 pole motor and the 20 kg waterproof metal gear cheapy steering servo. I switched wheels to JConcepts Tribute rims and using the 25mm offset hubs. Gonna use Clod tires not the picture ones. Want to use this body I did for my Clod a few years ago and it fits pretty good except its too wide. My steering tires will rub at full turn and suspension compression. I either need wider offset rims or a skinnier body. I see the Proline 2007 Silverado body for solid axle trucks is a half inch narrower but not sure if that will be enough. Worried a Pro Mt 4x4 body wont be long enough. Might go and search T/E Maxx size bodies. If anybody has the JConcepts Dragon 2.6 rims and wants to sell the 32 mm hubs let me know. I am also exploring some Ofna rims but not sure on those yet.
    Attachment 5198
    This is a Chuckworks mid motor Maxpede chassis. Seems pretty cool and these two trucks should drive drastically different. This one has Proline Protrac 2wd Slash A-arms and shock towers, Protrac CVDs and the original wheel combination I was gonna use. Have a Hobbywing WP-SC8 esc and Hobbywing 4 pole 4000 kv motor for this. It is 20mm narrower than with the Protrac 4x4 arms. The body I had picked is gonna have the same problem as the FLM truck. Good length but too wide. Going to rub steer tires at full turn and full compression. Other than body I just need a servo and rear bumper. I may be able to trim more of the front wheel wells on the body but not if it looks bad. I kinda want to go with a RPM wide front A-arm and Protrac 4x4 rear A-arm combo except I would need another set of the MIP CVDs. Hope to stay with a truggy style body however I get this accomplished. This stuff really snowballs!
    Attachment 5199
    These two pictures show how much clearance I have between body and tires.
    Attachment 5200Attachment 5201

Follows
    Following

Pictures did not load
    69E69ED3-1DF2-47B8-8CC8-48559A5236AF.jpg594E7AC8-DAE6-4AF4-B848-998CA0AB26AA.jpg83B83468-1D50-482D-BA14-E050CF1C3BF0.jpg68263E63-4036-486C-9969-65F3E2FCE701.jpg
    The pictures of the Orange truck dont do it justice need to get better ones and will when completed. It really fits in with the RPM Slash front and rear bumpers. I am starting to wonder if I should just narrow this body???.

Follows
    Following

Oops didn’t mean to start a whole new thread. Wasnt thinking when I added the title

Follows
    Following