Members do not see advertisements
    Follows
    Following

Default Blaise's Mad Monster

Welp, Got me self a Mad Crusher VE from Amain, Don't have it just yet, but should soon

First plans are, suspension mods, gunna try and come up with a 4 link setup, and Revo shafts

also possible gunna try to fit some stock clod rims on it?

Cant wait!
    Blaze, Tuber WK, Traxxas GD, Custom Trophy truck and much more...

Quote Originally Posted by theblazer24 View Post
    Welp, Got me self a Mad Crusher VE from Amain, Don't have it just yet, but should soon
    Good choice! Can't go wrong with a MF/MC!

gunna try and come up with a 4 link setup
    The truck already has a four link suspension, so I guess you mean you're planning on getting rid of the panhard bars and going for triangulated four links? That shouldn't be very tricky, because you would just need upper link mounts on the pumpkins, but I don't think it would make much of a difference handling wise, but at least it would look a bit more scale.

also possible gunna try to fit some stock clod rims on it?
    That's also kinda possible, but not really worth it if you ask me, because the Clod wheels are so brittle plastic and just too tight fit. You also have to cut the knuckle arms shorter to make room for the 2.6" wheel. Plus the MC has the newer buggy style wheel nut system, so you would have to get a set of older style drive shafts with smaller wheel nuts and hex adapters to make it work.

I experimented with it a couple years back, and designed a custom Clod style hockey puck wheel adapter that would fit on the 14mm hex.

But the wheels were a super tight fit over the axles, and would rub on everything, because there's always some slack in the bearings and stuff, so I didn't even try to drive with those wheels.

I also experimented with the JConcepts' Tribute wheels, but those are almost equally crappy fit and also make the track width even crazier, so they are also a big no no for me.

Nothing beats the old kit version MF wheels, but those are pretty hard to find these days...

If it helps I have set x4 of new threaded stub style shafts 14/19mm hex, that id trade for 17mm buggy style stubs.

I run truggy wheels with savage 17mm adapter anyway so i dont really need the 14mm hex, a true 17 hex would be better for me.

Follows
    Following

Welp, picked her up, First things done-

LOCKTIte and TRx plugs

Haven't ran just yet, seeing what i can do with 4links, and also Paul, could you send the .stl files? would like to mess with them

So far so good!

Edit!
    First run, =

Blast to drive, though needs swaybars, (good ol' coat hanger?)

right when i was getting ready to come in with no issues, decided to do one last jump..... and get 5 ft of air and land right on the front axle, oof.

Broke the steering 'L' arm thing, lol, so gonna make a steel one tomorrow

Also started seeing what i can do 4link wise

(btw below freezing, lol)
    Last edited by theblazer24; 03-17-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Follows
    Following

Hey let me know if you ever decide to change the front driveshaft to a Revo style, I've got one that I used on my VE 2.0 with these alloy ends. I'll let it go for $20 plus shipping.

https://www.rc-monster.com/proddetai..._shaft_coupler
    Tom

Clod Buster, Lack of Motivation (Jugg) Build, TLT 1, Blitzer Beetle, Frog, Sand Scorcher

Follows
    Following

Welp, during last weekend bash, landed pretty hard on the front, and bent (then broke) the dogbone

PM sent 67s

Follows
    Following

Picked up another MF, more info when I get it

Follows
    Following

Nice vid! I've been wanting to take my Wheely King to the beach forever but haven't gotten around to it. I've also been eyeing those new Mad Crusher rigs they look reeeeal nice

Cool vid the music is funny, Im sure Paul will get a kick outta that.

Heres a link to my MF and other MF builds https://www.clodtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=31022

You might end up with a full fleet, like just about anyone that has run one!

Quote Originally Posted by Portalhead View Post
    Cool vid the music is funny, Im sure Paul will get a kick outta that.
    Hmmm, now that you mentioned, the vid seems somehow familiar...

Great video, Blaze!