Members do not see advertisements
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Follows
    Following

Default Tower Hobbies Inventory OR Going Out Of Business????

Anyone checked Tower lately? Seems 90% of the kits/RTRs/parts for manufacturer's not under the Hobbico umbrella are out of stock or discontinued. I know they are available through A-Main or Ebay so this leads me to assume that Tower Hobbies is in trouble. Anyone have any idea what is going on over there? I have a bunch of gift cards that id kill to use on an Kyosho Blizzard or new Tamiya kit but everything is out of stock.

I know that Hobbico is in legal trouble with Traxxas and patent design. Does this mean that the lawsuit is hurting Tower in the long run?

What are your thoughts?
    4 link clod, retro clod, stampede, SMT-10

Follows
    Following

Oh, so that's why Tower has all the Traxxas parts I need listed as "not carried". I think whatever is going on at Tower is ruining business. I haven't made a single Tower order in almost a year because they never have anything I want in stock. I've been ordering through Amain a lot over the past few years (mostly because I needed Kyosho parts) whereas up until 5 years ago I had never ordered from them before because I would just get my stuff from Tower.
    http://www.rcmt.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1239&dateline=1394674  032

I think tower and traxxas had some problems and tower is no longer carrying the traxxas line.

Follows
    Following

I know they had issues with Traxxas, but lots of the Kyosho kits and almost all the Tamiya kits aren't in stock...

Quote Originally Posted by BDKesling View Post
    I know they had issues with Traxxas, but lots of the Kyosho kits and almost all the Tamiya kits aren't in stock...
    maybe they are restocking and can't get hold of the supplies?

Follows
    Following

Vanquish Products just posted that their relationship with Hobbico/Tower just ended. Seems like Tower is cleaning huse for some reason.
    http://www.rcmt.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1239&dateline=1394674  032

Follows
    Following

Iíve been waiting on some RC4WD stuff too and itís date keeps getting pushed back. Interesting.
    Dunzo

Follows
    Following

I used to buy from Tower exclusively because THEY were the only place that had EVERYTHING in stock all the time. Now I've been using eBay a lot and Amain because Tower never has more than one or two items in stock.

I recieved sad news today.

Follows
    Following

It's probably good news. They can clear their debt and get new investors in to restart the company and possibly be better off.
    Pede, Pede, Pede, 4x4 Pede, 6x6 Pede, Pede in pieces, Clod, Clod, Clod in pieces, TLT Crawler, TLT Crawler, TLT in pieces, WK, Slash, Mini Rash, 4x4 Slash, Twin Force, Mad Force Kruiser, Wild Dagger, Wild Dagger, Hummer, 1/16 Mustang VXL, SCX-10, TXT in pieces, Vaterra Blazer, Huey, Huey in pieces, Traxxas Quadcopter, etc...

Follows
    Following

Wow!! At first I was thinking sad for the employees but not a huge deal, just losing a good retail option but man was I wrong. I didnt realize how many brands are under that umbrella. Futaba, Axial, HPI, Os engines, Arrma, Duratrax, Aqua Craft, Fly Zone and many more. Could you imagine opening a magazine and not seeing a Futaba or Axial add? Curious to see how it shakes out and how long it will take. Damn all this right on the heels of losing Novak too.

Follows
    Following

Placed my last order from Tower Hobbies yesterday. Bought an SMT-10 Max-D since I was afraid that if I waited for the car i was really going to buy the gift cards i had would not work.

Sucks they are filing chapter 11 but hope new things come from it. A-main is still around and will pick up the slack.

Follows
    Following

I bought a ton from tower over the years and they shut me out for buying too much last year for using my paid membership benefits

Everything was fine for years and all of the sudden they would not honor anything anymore even know I was still a paid member.

Sucks hobbico is having problems but after the excuses and non sense tower told me I won't and never will deal with them people again and that's a sad thing to say after all these years of perfect service.

Follows
    Following

Dont know if anyone saw but they are over 100 million in debt. I think they are done for unless they can sell off its assets. They owe millions to alot of companies in the RC biz(Tamiya, Futaba, AE....etc).

Follows
    Following

So I have a Mad Force on backorder from before this all came up, anyone know how to cancel, or if should?
    Blaze, Tuber WK, Traxxas GD, Custom Trophy truck and much more...

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by theblazer24 View Post
    So I have a Mad Force on backorder from before this all came up, anyone know how to cancel, or if should?
    I don't know how through Tower, but I think you can through Paypal if that's how you paid?
    Tom

Clod Buster, Lack of Motivation (Jugg) Build, TLT 1, Blitzer Beetle, Frog, Sand Scorcher

Follows
    Following

Well, canceled the order though the backorder menu on there site, Now Amain or Kyosho Amarica....?

Also off topic but any clue when MFs are gunna be back in stock? Tower has Eary Feb on their page.....
    Blaze, Tuber WK, Traxxas GD, Custom Trophy truck and much more...

well this is sad to hear, but maybe it will help in the long run.

Follows
    Following

Well, canceled the order though the backorder menu on there site, Now Amain or Kyosho Amarica....?

Also off topic but any clue when MFs are gunna be back in stock? Tower has Eary Feb on their page.....
    Iíve been watching a few items since about early December. They first shows avail even early January, then late January, now early February. Iím guessing anything they donít have in stock keeps getting pushed back. Didnít make sense to get more inventory if they donít technically have he funds to do so. Sadly.
    Dunzo

Follows
    Following

In stock at amain:
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-...31229b/p439300

Or the mad crusher:
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-...34253b/p702227

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast