Members do not see advertisements
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Ground Pounder: J Concept

Hello All: I have invested in some 2.6 J Concept Wheels. My problem is getting a wrench inside the wheels to tighten the nut. All my wrenches are too wide to fit down the hole to reach the nut. Unless my putting together the wheels is wrong, which I don't think it is. I stumped. Any suggestions or wrenches that can fix this problem. Thanks all!!

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylord Sauls View Post
    Hello All: I have invested in some 2.6 J Concept Wheels. My problem is getting a wrench inside the wheels to tighten the nut. All my wrenches are too wide to fit down the hole to reach the nut. Unless my putting together the wheels is wrong, which I don't think it is. I stumped. Any suggestions or wrenches that can fix this problem. Thanks all!!

What you can do is grind down the socket like I did here.

I grabbed the 8mm glow plug wrench and went at it with the Dremel being careful not to make it too shallow as I did not want to weak the socket. I kept going back to see if it was fitting down the wheel deep enough yet!! and continued to grind more until it was just right. I would of used a bench grinder if I had one .

At the end I got the wrench down into the wheel and tightened the nut up per wheel. I also mentioned over in my group that J-concepts should solve this issue

Last edited by Cowboyclod; 12-23-2017 at 01:40 PM.