Members do not see advertisements
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Follows
    Following

Default 1rst attempt at video

Living room jam session with 13.5 setup.
    First attempt interrupted. You can see why he gets excited. I hit him right in the face.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVhZwAtkHfc&sns=em
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=50nCxE9ZsSU&sns=em
    So not the greatest video or driving for that matter but it definitely has more juice than stock. If I had traction I’m sure it would wheely like crazy. Brakes are awesome. Living room is close to stadium scale with a W/K.
    Last edited by rcwanab; 12-23-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Follows
    Following

Default 2nd try

Remove post
    Last edited by rcwanab; 12-23-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Follows
    Following

Let me know if this worked. It doesnt work for me but it says I may not be able to view it as channel manager but viewers can still see it????

Not able to see it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Follows
    Following

Finally figured it out. Lot of work for crappie videos but now I know how. Create a YouTube video then e-mail to yourself and finally use that address in e-mail as a link for those that donít know.

Looks like it does great!

Follows
    Following

Had some stuff shipped to my work to avoid conflict on home front. Thought the HR axle lockout was obsolete but a batch showed up stateside on EBay and I got one of the last ones. The hardened diff gear set is Axial stuff and I got the set for $40. Seeing in person im kinda worried about the large shoulder on the input gear. When I get home tonight gonna disassemble axles and crossing my fingers these work. Will gladly forward the link on these later. B46A741A-5732-4E48-A2EB-541FF4BABC1F.jpg383DCD80-0A00-4F2E-8BAD-18143594F4DD.jpg

If definitely like to get my hands on a set of axle tubes to. Those are nice. Definitely give your findings on the heavy duty gears how they fit.

Follows
    Following

Default Rear axle H/D build

So the hardened gears turned out to be a perfect fit.
    7C6E6223-55F2-44F6-9229-41F78244DB66.jpegA4C12BD9-AAFE-487B-9702-8FCA8B0EC04B.jpg971E3780-F104-4B27-A829-250CF3962093.jpg
    Compared to stock stuff. Check out the spiral/helical cut on the gears. The input shaft is totally round so had to drill out the flat spots on the stock driveshaft ends. Also installed HPI#86014 (hardened spider diff gear set). Reused screws and plastic diff case but wish I would have gotten a new diff case. 1 of the screws just didnt feel as positive as the other 3. Not loose but just not the same feel as the other 3. Only time will tell but $39.95 for the 2 sets of hardened gears seems pretty cheap plus $6.99 for the good spider gears. My hobby shop has the HPI H/D kit for $33 per axle so about $73 both axles with spider gears if I went that way. I didn’t end up using a very thin washer on the input shaft that was on the stocker. Just had a tiny bit of binding with it. Maybe because of that bigger shoulder.
    88DEC2AC-3844-43E6-B576-6D8FC16172DA.jpg
    Sorry cant figure out how to do a direct link to it but go on eBay and look this up.

Gonna do the front in a week or so. I ordered some GPM cvd’s and they are coming from HK. Not crazy about GPM but other options dont seem to exist and I need to get some WK specific ones in my hands so I can compare with Axial ones.
    Last edited by rcwanab; 01-09-2018 at 01:42 AM.

Follows
    Following

Default HR axle lockout

D6A785C6-E96D-4285-95DC-F46C7D9C305D.jpg6D6FEABB-FA46-4FE2-A43B-EC4E03A4F79F.jpgDFD2F292-77A0-4455-9870-9F8E11620256.jpg3A5468C5-01F7-4D1F-BE30-F8280AE5FC04.jpg
    Little before and after. So the HR axle lockout is pretty straight forward to install. Looks great. The included screws for the aluminum ends could be just a bit longer maybe?? The axle ends where the wheel hex goes is just a bit fatter so I couldnt slip the stock wheel hexes on. Instead of drilling out mine I used a set of Traxxas 12mm rear hexes. They popped right on. I just didnt feel like looking for the right size bit but the HPI 12mm hex will work.
    B30A72A9-76FA-4598-A5E8-7C9F0DFAF8C4.jpg
    Extra spare parts for the front end.

Follows
    Following

Default HR axle lockout

Follows
    Following

Default HR axle lockout

6C49BD46-24E1-4D45-A5A5-DB510B675135.jpeg
    Anyone know what the set screws are for on the large part of the axle shafts???

Lookin good!

Follows
    Following

Default W/K bodies???

What other bodies have the right scale for these trucks? I know the Traxxas MJ series fit nice but now they are very expensive if you can find them. Not crazy about the current Skully. If I could get it for really cheap I would think about it as a basher but not at $30. I do like the current Bigfoot bodies and have one on my sons Stampede but in a test fit it seems bigger than the MJ series. I will post a picture of that soon. I was thinking of going that route but it would need custom links to extend w/b and widened the track also. Guessing it would end up about the size of a Stampede then. Kinda like the simplicity of stock stuff if it works plus I really like the smaller footprint it currently has. The J Concepts 2011 F250 and 88 Chevy Silverado look good but I was just wondering if there is other options.

Follows
    Following

Default GPM CVDs

2E8076CA-9A1F-4D54-A78A-2D6BFF36F7CD.jpg35969716-AD53-468D-85BC-4D01684BA44D.jpg
    The GPM CVDs arrived today. Kinda surprised it only took 11 days shipped from Hong Kong. Was expecting longer. $22.90 with free shipping and since theres a bit less pressure on the front axle I figure it is worth a try. I am gonna wait to install until I get a chance to go to the hobby shop and compare them side by side with some Axial CVDs. If/when these fail I need to know what other options there is. As far as I can find the only other option is the RC4WD XVDs and they are spendy. $80 bucks after shipping.

Follows
    Following

Default Axels complete

Ok so I finally installed GPM CVDs and hardened diff in the front axle. Took me longer than I thought to get to the hobby shop. Had to see if there was any other options for axles . I compaired the GPM CVDs to some Axial SCX10 CVDs and they are not compatible. Not being familiar with Axial stuff those looked the closest in pictures. The outer shaft on the HPI is shorter. Wonder if you used a combination of HPI axle cases and Axial outer C-hubs and steering carriers but that is shear speculation. Have no idea if they would bolt together without major modifications.
    I also picked up some new diff cases for the front and rear. They come with new screws and spacers. Had to redo the rear differential but it was worth it. Before I reused the old diff case and the screws just didnt feel totally right. With the new cases you can feel the screws bottom out and now there is no doubts.
    6D88AF1B-7F6D-4138-8603-7141D0E591CE.jpg
    So remember to pick these up too when you upgrade to the hardened RS4 spider gears.
    Finally now my driveline is pretty complete. If the plastic steering carriers or C-hubs fail I may switch to aluminum ones but no need to switch yet. Think the next area to concentrate on is getting rid of the plastic suspension links. Also im gonna throw in a 10.5 motor and get some more video sooner than later. Think that will get me close to double stock speed.

Follows
    Following

Default Another video attempt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mr21Ol31J8&sns=em
    Still no good at videoing. Got to figure a better way. Filmed with my phone sideways and forgot to change the view so you will have to manipulate to get the full view. So this is at my work in a giant warehouse with smooth concrete floors. More like monster truck drifting. Has a Turnigy 10.5 motor, only about 3800kv on 2 cell. Stock gearing. Probably only about 18 mph or so. If I remember right doing the math 4600kv will get it to about 23 mph. With traction it is pretty tippy turning at speed so not sure how fast to go with it? Gonna have to be widened a bit for stability. Guessing 5000kv maybe. That would be a little faster than a RTR Slash or Stampede but with the handling limitations it has it may feel pretty fast. My Traxxas slipper clutch is working good so far. It isnt being tested in this video at all but I did some launches in my basement on short carpet, tons of traction and it holds just fine. Maybe I will back it off some so I can hear it slipping just to see. It jumps ok or at least not a bunch of rebound anyways but pretty small ramp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12