Members do not see advertisements
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Repairing Old Clod

I know this is probably a long shot, I live in the Bowling Green Ky area and I am looking to get my old clod running again it has been in my parents attic for 15 years. Wondering if anyone on here had suggestions of where to take it to or where to start in checking it out to get it running again. Next time I am at my parents will try to get some pics and information about it.
    Using Tapatalk

Follows
    Following

Hello and welcome. I think it would be best to post a few photos first so we can see what you're working with. I dont think you need to take it anywhere for help, if you assembled the truck you will be more than OK getting it back into running condition. I would first disassemble the truck to clean everything and make sure the axles spin freely and the motors are good. This is also a good time to check for any broken parts that may need replacing. Then I would check out the electronics and make sure they are in working order. If still using the original manual speed control, I would upgrade to an electronic unit ASAP. Good news is they are much cheaper nowdays and a good dual motor ESC can be has for around $20-30.

Good news is they are still making the Clod so all parts are available and pretty cheap. As I said it would be really helpful to post some photos, but you should have it back up and running in no time. If you have any other specific questions be sure to post back, there are many guys here who can give great advice.

I am thinking I will try to fix it myself, I didn't assemble the truck I got it for Christmas when I was 6 or 7. Once I get it and get some pictures I will probably be turning to you guys for advice.
    Using Tapatalk

Follows
    Following

No problem, we're all happy to help. Must have been awesome getting that at 6-7 years old! I didn't even get my first real RC until I was 13 or so.

Post up some photos and we'll help you figure it out. You'll get a much more satisfaction doing it yourself, and when anything breaks in the future you'll be able to fix it.

Nice to see someone close with a clod. I am in Scottsville just south of BG. There is a hobby shop in BG but they don't have any clod parts. I need almost everything for a clod or I can point you in the correct direction on line when you find out what all you need.

Thanks I may get a hold of you at some point, I talked to my dad the other day apparently he has decided to get it out and start messing with it. Will update this when something changes.
    Using Tapatalk