Members do not see advertisements
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Follows
    Following

Default Bigfoot vs Monster Jam feud.

So I took the kids to the Monster Jam show last night in MPLS MN and had a good time. Seemed a little tamer than the last one I saw but its gotta be 7 years since Ive seen them so no disappointments. The new two wheel competition is pretty cool. Anyways it got me wondering why Ive never seen Bigfoot and was figuring it was bad luck or maybe just regional deal till I read up on the controversy. Guess I understand but it really is kind of a shame. Im pretty sure i have not seen Bigfoot in person. Where is the best place to get a actual sighting? In northern Minnesota a beautiful little town called Remer actually has a Bigfoot Days celebration in July every year but I kinda want to see the 4 wheel Bigfoot someday.

Follows
    Following

I'm not sure about the MN area, but Bigfoot still gets around. Unfortunately there aren't as many independent promoters as there used to be so there aren't that many shows outside of Monster Jam. I think the best chance to see Bigfoots are still at the Jamborees (Indy, Bloomsburg, Lima) since they are always there and they're outdoor tracks. Bigfoot does other big outdoor shows, like Wildwood and the Back to School Jam, but not every year. They also do a lot of indoor events but the promoters are always changing and so do the locations and times.
    http://www.rcmt.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1239&dateline=1394674  032

Follows
    Following

It is a shame that Bigfoot and Feld can't get along but its definitely understandable. Apparently to get into Monster Jam you need to give up a lot of rights to advertising, the truck, etc. Bob Chandler will not give them what they want so they remain at an impasse. At least that's how I understand it. I think it would be awesome to see Bigfoot involved in Monster Jam racing, I'd love to see how their trucks would stack up against the faster MJ drivers. I have a feeling they'd do very well. BF trucks have always been very well engineered and powerful.

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by 87lc2 View Post
    It is a shame that Bigfoot and Feld can't get along but its definitely understandable. Apparently to get into Monster Jam you need to give up a lot of rights to advertising, the truck, etc. Bob Chandler will not give them what they want so they remain at an impasse. At least that's how I understand it.

In the last few years, Bob Trent over at Bigfoot, has posted many times publicly that they would be willing to run in Monster jam but MJ has never responded. I think until the upper management at MJ changes they won't even consider Bigfoot. And with Firestone being Bigfoot's biggest sponsor, I don't know how they could meet the BKT tire requirement to run in MJ.
    http://www.rcmt.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1239&dateline=1394674  032

Follows
    Following

Interesting, I guess the tire sponsorship would be a big part of it. I would love to see Bigfoot in monster jam, still the #1 truck of all time in my opinion.

Follows
    Following

Default Bigfoot in Monster Jam

Hi guys. I don't have allot of time at the moment, but will try to make this short and sweet. I live in STL area and my neighbor is actually a mechanic and truck driver for Bob Chandler and Bigfoot 4x4. Their headquarters is now located in Pacific, MO. They moved out there and got out of Hazelwood and STL city for mainly tax reasons. I CAN tell you that Bob Chandler has never been the type of guy that gives a rats a** about being famous or keeping up with the "BIG" guys. He doesn't have to. He was and always will be the original first monster truck. Nothing will ever change that, and he knows it, so with that being said, he's doing just fine where he's at and doesn't need MJ to carry him anywhere. Before he built his first bigfoot, he owned a construction business here in the STL area, and big trucks were just a hobby of his....... Happy Holidays guys!! Kip

Follows
    Following

Very understandable why he would not give up the majority of his brand rights to join Monster Jam. Sounds like thats what it would take. At first I was thinking it sure didnt hurt Dennis Anderson but after reading up on this a little bit it looks like the Monster Jam series (owned by Feld Entertainment) started in 1995 and looks like Dennis sold the majority of Gravediggers rights to them (Feld Entertainment) in 1998. Im pretty sure all the trucks running in MJ series are owned by the group. At least the majority of the rights to those trucks anyways. If I understood what I have read but I am no expert by any means. Wonder if Dennis has a piece of that MJ pie?? Still stinks it has to be this way. I suppose if Chandler (Bigfoot) started this one could argue Anderson (Gravedigger) is as responsible as anyone for the popularity of Monster Trucks today.
    Last edited by rcwanab; 1 Week Ago at 09:25 PM.

Follows
    Following

Pretty sure you read correctly, I have read the same information in a few places. As far as I know Feld does own most of the trucks, engines, rights, etc that run in MJ.

I believe you are also correct about Dennis Anderson/Grave Digger being responsible for monster truck popularity today. Once the original MT racing dies down in the early to mid 90s monster trucks most likely would have gone away for the most part were it not for Grave Digger & Monster Jam.

Either way both Bigfoot and Digger are awesome teams/trucks and both have done so much for the monster truck world over the years. It would be awesome to see them run side by side again. If I had to pick a favorite it would be Bigfoot, but Digger is a close second.

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by rcwanab View Post
    Very understandable why he would not give up the majority of his brand rights to join Monster Jam. Sounds like thats what it would take. At first I was thinking it sure didnt hurt Dennis Anderson but after reading up on this a little bit it looks like the Monster Jam series (owned by Feld Entertainment) started in 1995 and looks like Dennis sold the majority of Gravediggers rights to them (Feld Entertainment) in 1998. Im pretty sure all the trucks running in MJ series are owned by the group. At least the majority of the rights to those trucks anyways. If I understood what I have read but I am no expert by any means. Wonder if Dennis has a piece of that MJ pie?? Still stinks it has to be this way. I suppose if Chandler (Bigfoot) started this one could argue Anderson (Gravedigger) is as responsible as anyone for the popularity of Monster Trucks today.

part of this is correct. Monster Jam was actually created around late 93-early 94 by SRO/PACE(USHRA), after the USHRA Monster Wars series ended. It was sometimes promoted as Monster Truck Jam, The Monster Jam World Tour, or Monster Jam Superbowl of Motorsports. Dennis did NOT sell his stuff to FELD Entertainment, he actually sold to SRO/PACE in 97-98, which was than taken over by USA Motorsports, than SFX, than Clear Channel/Live Nation, than years later FELD. MJ likes to create it's own "history." Some examples of this "history" is Dennis inventing freestyle, Madusa being the first female in Monster Jam, Tom Meents being the first to attempt a backflip,their trucks being the first to do the Moonwalk. If you ever watch the history of Monster Trucks at the Silverdome dvd, Bigfoot is mentioned in the origional broadcasts by the announcers, but their races are cut out. it's pretty sad that they seem to erase the important history and shows, but try to spoonfeed the imitation fans their own history. i'm have literally given up on MJ, i have been following alot of the other promoters lately like Monster X, Monster Truck Throwdown, etc.
    I hate when I plan out an entire argument in my head, then the other person doesn't stick to the script.

Follows
    Following

Appreciate the full history, trying not to be offended bye this. QUOTE, but try to spoonfeed the imitation fans their own history.[/QUOTE] Really hope you are not implying you are a true fan and some 11 year old kid is not because he doesnt know MJ is some kind of “all controling entity” as you have implied. One should not have to keep up on every bit of political bs to enjoy a exhibition.

Follows
    Following

it's just my $.02 of how the company treats their fans. i'd love for everyone to be educated on the industry so they can have a understanding of the ins and outs of this great sport, maybe to appreciate it more. plus the stuff i've learned about it over the years, i enjoyed learning. i also figure if MJ were to educate people more and stop erasing the history, more people would give it the respect it deserves and not compare it to something like pro wrestling.
    Last edited by M AnderStorm; 1 Week Ago at 08:39 PM.
    I hate when I plan out an entire argument in my head, then the other person doesn't stick to the script.

I love watching Monster Jam n action because it gives you the thrill of your life!