Members do not see advertisements
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Starting a build

Well it's been a while since I've posted anything on here so here it goes.
    Starting a build with my wheely king that I've been robbing parts from to keep my son's goin.

I bought a list of parts including
    An rc4wd 27turn motor
    Desert lizard 100mm internal spring shocks
    Futaba 145oz servo
    Crawler king shock mounts
    25t pinion
    Axial esc
    Futaba radio
    Monster jam front wheels and tires
    88 chevy body
    Aluminum servo horn

Probably forgetting something I'm sure but that should get me up and going again way I like it.
    Once I get my son's tmaxx off the bench I'll be starting it. Putting the O.S. MAXX .21 in it so hopefully it runs well. Will update with pics as i go.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Follows
    Following

We love pictures!!
    Tom

Clod Buster, Lack of Motivation (Jugg) Build, TLT 1, Blitzer Beetle, Frog, Sand Scorcher

How do you guys adapt the 4951 drive shafts to the wheely king? Do you just drill out the holes or get something else? Thanks for the help!

Made a little bit of progress. Workin on mocking everything up see how it works then tear it down to do final assembly.

Follows
    Following

Really like the look of those Desert Lizard shocks. Let us know how they perform and how tunable they are. Iíve been running rear Losi triple x shocks on my W/K forever and they work fantastic but lack the scale look.

I really like the scale look of the shock. I'll do some testing to see how they do. They are dual rate. So May help with tunability some I'm hopin. Kinda goin for what the mmrc guys did with theirs. 27turn motor and all.

Did a little bit this evening to make a roller. Just mounted shocks temporarily and wheels. Looks pretty mean.

Follows
    Following

It's coming out real nice man.

looks good .

Well it's alive and have to say I'm pretty happy with how it did right outta the gate. Get some fine tuning done and she'll be a racin machine.

What are you guys runnin as a sway bar?

https://youtu.be/KSv6XPDjPSw

Here's a video of short run. My son's driving.

https://youtu.be/KSv6XPDjPSw

Follows
    Following

Nice! Are the brakes that good with the Axial esc or did it go straight to reverse? Mine never did a stoppie like that with the stock HPI esc. Im not sure about sway bars but if you run the stock link braces the truck does a better job keeping wheels down on the ground when cornering at speed. In your previous pictures I didnt look like you where using them. I do have a design in mind for mine on how to build some sway bars so im curious what others will suggest.

I'm pretty sure it goes straight to reverse. The drag brake is set to 100% though. Even at 50 it would still stoppy though so reverse seems more like it. I'm not sure my link braces will fit on it unfortunately. I tried cuttin part of it out and still hits the shaft. I'll have to look again at it to see what I can do. That rc4wd motor has nice kick for a 27t motor. I'm gonna order a bigger pinion to see what it does to.

Follows
    Following

Just double checked mine. The braces should fit on the outside of the links if you cut the rear cross brace off unless if you have used Revo drive shafts maybe not though. I can send pics if you need.

I used maxx shafts. If you don't mind I'd like to see pics.

Follows
    Following

DB6159E5-F7DC-4F33-AF82-7DD1982275B0.jpg
    There is plenty of clearance between shaft and brace even though in the picture it looks really tight. Pretty sure I used T Maxx shafts to extend. I wrecked one of the tabs on the front links so no brace right now on front.

Follows
    Following

Just looked at the build I copied. I used Maxx shafts Traxxas part#4951x to extend the drive shafts.

I used the 4951 shafts as well. All said and done at full compression my shafts are 3 3/4" long. I'll have to check mine again bc it hit when I tried to put it on. I cut mine the same as that to. I will look at it today. See if I can get it to work. If not may try sc10 sway bar zip tied to link temporarily.

I had to reverse my motor polarity for it work correctly with my remote. What would cause that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast