Members do not see advertisements
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Follows
    Following

Default New SMT-10 owner, first upgrades?

Mine should be delivered today, also got J Concepts wheels and about 4 different types of Clod size tires to choose from. Any suggestions for what parts to buy first, what usually breaks on these? Thanks guys
    Pede, Pede, Pede, 4x4 Pede, 6x6 Pede, Pede in pieces, Clod, Clod, Clod in pieces, TLT Crawler, TLT Crawler, TLT in pieces, WK, Slash, Mini Rash, 4x4 Slash, Twin Force, Mad Force Kruiser, Wild Dagger, Wild Dagger, Hummer, 1/16 Mustang VXL, SCX-10, TXT in pieces, Vaterra Blazer, Huey, Huey in pieces, Traxxas Quadcopter, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Pedeanaut View Post
    Mine should be delivered today, also got J Concepts wheels and about 4 different types of Clod size tires to choose from. Any suggestions for what parts to buy first, what usually breaks on these? Thanks guys
    What kind of power are you putting in it? Steel trans gears are a must anyways.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Follows
    Following

Castle 5700 most likely, mostly 2s.
    Pede, Pede, Pede, 4x4 Pede, 6x6 Pede, Pede in pieces, Clod, Clod, Clod in pieces, TLT Crawler, TLT Crawler, TLT in pieces, WK, Slash, Mini Rash, 4x4 Slash, Twin Force, Mad Force Kruiser, Wild Dagger, Wild Dagger, Hummer, 1/16 Mustang VXL, SCX-10, TXT in pieces, Vaterra Blazer, Huey, Huey in pieces, Traxxas Quadcopter, etc...

I currently run 4600 to get steel spur, hd pinions, Mip driveshafts (even broke one)

Aluminum axle housings (the hd helical gears pushed apart and stretched the housings, aluminum wheel spacers) (stripped on 2nd run) oh and sway bars for sure.

Follows
    Following

It already has swaybars on the rear, definitely needs them on the front. My tires are hitting the links and binding up so I have to figure that out next. Running the Pro-Line offset wheels with Firestorm tires. I've also already scratched the body, gotta figure out what pinion to run with the 4600 I ended up putting in and Clod tires...

2017-07-26 00.48.08.jpg

What offsets are on the wheels? I have 25mm and still had to set steering endpoints at like 50%

Follows
    Following

17.5mm Pro-Line wheels. They need about another 8mm per side, found some Axial wideners so I am going to try those. Turned my EPA down to 80% per side until then.

Check out jconcepts 25mm aluminum ones. Also i recommend the stock sway bar for the front also. I run a 12t pinion and steel spur. Gotta get hardened pinion though keep chewing em up.

Follows
    Following

I would never run a steel spur, so no issue there. I'd rather the easy/cheap thing to replace be the weak link in my drivetrains. I have the front swaybar on the way, steel transmission gears, Axial 8mm wideners, RC4wd 12mm wideners if the Axial ones are not enough, heavy duty axle gears, an aluminum flag mount (not sure where to get the flags?), and STRC aluminum steering knuckles. Should be all I need for now I imagine.

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Pedeanaut View Post
    I would never run a steel spur, so no issue there. I'd rather the easy/cheap thing to replace be the weak link in my drivetrains. I have the front swaybar on the way, steel transmission gears, Axial 8mm wideners, RC4wd 12mm wideners if the Axial ones are not enough, heavy duty axle gears, an aluminum flag mount (not sure where to get the flags?), and STRC aluminum steering knuckles. Should be all I need for now I imagine.

You want flags? this may help you

http://thescaleking.com/mt-exterior/103-flags.html

Flag holders

http://thescaleking.com/mt-exterior/...le-holder.html

https://www.shapeways.com/product/2W...ionId=61978475

Follows
    Following

Thanks, but do those flags not come with the poles? The website literally has no description of what it comes with or what you are buying.

Follows
    Following

They're also expensive @ $12 each. I used these for my Barbarian Digger:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-SMALL-4-X...IAAOSwLVZV3KWO

12 Flags for $12. I figured I would tear them up all the time but I'm still on my first one, decent quality. I removed the yellow pole and using thin all thread from Home Depot covered in rubber fuel line. Drilled a hole in the chassis and just used a nut on the bottom. Here are a few pics of it. Not exactly to scale, but I think it looks good enough. You can see the nut for the mounting in the last picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Follows
    Following

Thanks, he has some cool flags, Army, American, checkered, POW, etc. Might have to order up a few. And yes, I have this posted in 2 places, gotta get some posting going on here! Lol

Actually, I found this place https://www.united-states-flag.com/ and ordered a few different things. I don't need 12 of each and I wanted about 4 different types so that would have been expensive. Shipping was less than 5$ for around 12 flags so total was about 20$. Not too bad.

Follows
    Following

Ahh those are expensive LOL