Members do not see advertisements
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So admittedly the bodywork isn't the best. Hard to do a great job with little time and trying to rush it to completion between work and kid.

Here's where I'm at now.... just need to attach the side mirrors, and find the following:

- Spotlights for the rollbar
    - Rear bumper (I really really want a rear bumper for this thing, but not sure what would work best.)

Follows
    Following

Wow that's a beautiful scale rig. Old school Toy FTW!

So I finally have a tiny update.

I bought this R/C roof rack + light kit. And found out that the spotlights can be used perfectly for my Knight Customs SR5 Roll Bar.

Now I need to figure out how to hide the wiring as best as I can. Probably take me another month to figure that out lol!

updates are slow.... I know. Pictures of Rollbar with lights mounted. Also got a TOYOTA decal for the rear.

More small updates. Basically, I added on the remaining parts I had from Shapeways designed by RCNerds... the side mirrors and the emblems. I had planned to add lighting as I already have my heyok lighting controller, but I've been foiled by the fact that my LEDs do not have the necessary connector to fit onto the controller. So now I have to buy some servo connectors and a crimping tool to redo the LEDs as the proper connector for the heyok controller.

Pix of progress.

Follows
    Following

Truck looks awesome!

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Some people have tons of knowledge seeping in but it is going down the toilet every time they take a crap."

Here is a video of my outing. I had a chance to do some technical stuff, but unfortunately I didn't take a video of that part of my run.

Met a guy there that does 1:1 scale Jeep crawling out there with his TRX-4. He was guiding me through some of the technical stuff which was cool. He was pretty impressed with the way my truck handled vs his TRX-4, but I think most of his issues were caused by the heavy TRX-4 body.

All in all... it performed pretty well for not having the suspension perfectly tuned yet, but it was good to get it out for a run and see how it does and how I can make it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBoasWN6OUQ

Last edited by khyzersoze; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:15 PM.

So in my quest for helping the CFX-W realize its full steering angle potential... I picked up the Samix Steering links (on eBay). The Samix steering link is angled, so it will give more clearance and avoid hitting the diff cover limiting the steering angle.

I also bought 300mm wheelbase Samix links for my 2nd CFX-W kit as well as a 19t mod06 pinion for it.

Here is a comparison between the 3 steering links from top to bottom.

Stock --> Boom Racing --> Samix

Weight: The stock steering links are metal, but hollow so they are the lightest of the 3. The Samix are solid titanium, but significantly lighter than the Boom Racing links.
    Thickness: The Samix are solid, but the thinnest. Stock is thicker, but hollow. Boom Racing is solid and the thickest.
    Diff cover clearance: Boom Racing steering links have the least amount of clearance limiting extreme steering angle. Stock steering link is better than Boom Racing in clearance, but still limited by contact with diff cover. Samix steering link completely clears the diff cover and allows maximum steering angle.

The Boom Racing links are by far the heaviest of the bunch, they've got a nice heft and the other 2 don't even come close in weight.

This picture shows the advantage in clearance that the stock steering links have over the Boom Racing steering links

This picture shows the advantage the Samix steering links have over the stock steering links.

This picture shows how much of an advantage in clearance that the Samix steering link has over the Boom Racing one.

Maximum steering angle achieved on MST CFX-W. Contact with the diff cover is no longer the limiting factor. Only the C-Hub & Knuckle contact are limiting any more steering now, but it's basically maxed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkLf8X8ILx4
    Last edited by khyzersoze; 7 Hours Ago at 01:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12