Members do not see advertisements
Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default SMT10 Grave Digger with dual shocks

Ultimate scale shocks and pro-line scaler shocks.
    RHDesigns sway bars
    CPE links
    Scale V8
    ESS One sound system
    Working headlights made from craft store googlie eyes.

Sorry for my messy work bench, lol!
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Great job on the truck looks great, I love the swaybars and shock set up, I'm kind of kicking myself for getting a clodbuster and not a smt10. I can't lie through I do love my clod

Quote Originally Posted by GodsLiLMistake View Post
    Great job on the truck looks great, I love the swaybars and shock set up, I'm kind of kicking myself for getting a clodbuster and not a smt10. I can't lie through I do love my clod
    Thanks!
    Yeah I had clod since since I was a kid, then I wanted a shaft driven truck.
    I am debating on if I should get jconcepts firestorm tires or just stay with stock.

I have a set of firestorms in gold compound and they work really good but I think the softer blue compound would have been a better choice for me with the power I'm putting down (castle 4 pole 5700kv)

Quote Originally Posted by GodsLiLMistake View Post
    I have a set of firestorms in gold compound and they work really good but I think the softer blue compound would have been a better choice for me with the power I'm putting down (castle 4 pole 5700kv)
    Yeah that's alot of power, tires will last longer with gold though.

Follows
    Following

Think Gold
    Think how rich you could be
    GodsLiLMistake.........

I added a fuel cell/battery door from RHDesigns, I started to paint it red but didn't like it so went with black.

More pics

Follows
    Following

Truck looks great, the scale accessories are killer. I just picked one of these up and am planning on doing the CPE links & relocating the shocks/sway bars as you did. Where did you get the shock mounts? They look great. For the swaybars, does RH Designs have an online store? I can't find anything on them, just a FB page.

I got the shock mounts from ebay just do a search for axial shock droop kit. Unfortunately the only one I could find came from China and took forever.
    RHDesigns only has a Facebook store, you have to email him and request a PayPal invoice for what you want.

Got some tribute wheels and renegade tires. I narrowed the wheels a little.

Follows
    Following

Looks great with the new wheels/tires. Which links are you using, stock wheelbase or short wheelbase? I see that CPE offers 12", 12.5", and stock wheelbase.

I still need to get in touch with RH Designs to order sway bars, but dont have Facebook. Do you happen to have an email address for them?

Quote Originally Posted by 87lc2 View Post
    Looks great with the new wheels/tires. Which links are you using, stock wheelbase or short wheelbase? I see that CPE offers 12", 12.5", and stock wheelbase.

I still need to get in touch with RH Designs to order sway bars, but dont have Facebook. Do you happen to have an email address for them?
    I'm using cpe stock wheel base,
    RHdesigns email is rhdesignsrc@gmail.com

Forgot to mention I also used hot racing lower shock mount.

Follows
    Following

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. Truck looks awesome, pretty much have your exact setup in mind, just need to find some time to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by 87lc2 View Post
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. Truck looks awesome, pretty much have your exact setup in mind, just need to find some time to get it done.
    No problem, I understand about finding time lol I bought the smt10 in February and still working on it!

One thing I wish I could change on the truck now is longer scale shocks bit they don't come in 120mm.

Suspension works fine the way I have it just could use a little more travel.

Got some beadlock rings from shapeways

Follows
    Following

Beadlock rings look great on the tribute wheels. Changes the whole look of the truck, looks awesome.