Members do not see advertisements
    Follows
    Following

Default Mad force crawler project

Turning my solid axle short course truck into a crawler, ditching the old Swiss cheese chassis plate and old front independent suspension and replacing it with a mad force chassis and another mod force axle for the front end, axles will be narrowed (rear already is just will need to narrow the front wheel I get it)

Probably gonna stretch some 2.2 tires over a 2.8 rims. Unless for so magical reason I find some 2.2 17mm hex rims lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Kyosho Scorpion

Follows
    Following

Got a little bit further on it waiting on a shipment from freestyle rc(upper and lower 4link mounts for the front axle, and need to get a servo mount too(probably just gonna use a wraith servo mount and make it fit with some spacers) and need to mount the transmission too and get a smaller spur gear

Kyosho Scorpion

Follows
    Following

Got my freestyle rc package in the other day installed the upper link and lower link mounts stuck some clodbuster tires on the monster pirate rims, and rear positioned the shocks with some clodzilla cantilever brackets lol

Now to mount a servo then get a power system for it

Kyosho Scorpion

why would you take a mean, mean fast MT and make it go slow ?

you should also upgrade to a four gear MP5 differnetial, DO NOT lock it or you will ruin the high speed handling; but use really heavy diff grease

Follows
    Following

Mp5 diffs are to big for a mad force housing mp7.5 diffs is what your looking for, I've ran the rear axle locked on my solid axle short course truck for over 2 years nothing wrong with it locked.(I've had it over 70mph a few times when it was a solid axle short course truck)
    Also already have the 4 spider gears in the diffs too. I have some experience with mad force axles not alot but more then the average hobbyist.

Kyosho Scorpion

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Shake View Post
    Mp5 diffs are to big for a mad force housing mp7.5 diffs is what your looking for, I've ran the rear axle locked on my solid axle short course truck for over 2 years nothing wrong with it locked.(I've had it over 70mph a few times when it was a solid axle short course truck)
    Also already have the 4 spider gears in the diffs too. I have some experience with mad force axles not alot but more then the average hobbyist.

I owned one with a loaded os racing engine header and a tuned pipe and I think you're streching it a bit at 70mph. No Way. 60 - 65 if you're lucky and got space to open it up.

Follows
    Following

Was direct drive for awhile 2wd I clocked it with my old phone at 68mph on 3s

Here's a pic of what it was before I got rid of the mp5 front end

May not look like much but I can't find any other picture of it anymore lol.. once it was 4wd it went around 65 on 4s didn't really want to try out 6s. And that was with a cheap 8th scale system too, front end had 1 less tooth on the ring gear, so it was pulling a little to help with stability

Kyosho Scorpion

Follows
    Following

Alright so I got a bit closer still need a esc and some batteries now.

Something weird tho, I tried to run a vxl system on this thing and it just wanted to keep on locking the wheels up and it messed up the front end.

So now gotta order a new ring and pinion for the front end, rear end is still perfect tho.

Also my shock mounts they are cantilever off a zilla 4 chassis lol. I need to make something more durable then that thin aluminum Dorito chips

Kyosho Scorpion

Follows
    Following

Was a diff on the wrong side where the axles were either ripping apart from eachother or pushing in like a crush effect.

That will lock your wheel and make a diff go for sure lol

Follows
    Following

yea it looks like it ended up being the 2.5mm screws around the pinion gear bearings they came out a little bit and let it go, i replaced them with 3mm screws now its nice and tight without binding anything up
    Kyosho Scorpion

Follows
    Following

It never crossed my mind to add cantilevers to the stock chassis to fix the goofy stock geometry and setup.

I am going to have to look into that a little more and perhaps get creative again lol

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by northerngames View Post
    It never crossed my mind to add cantilevers to the stock chassis to fix the goofy stock geometry and setup.

I am going to have to look into that a little more and perhaps get creative again lol
    Yea I may take them off the way their mounted and actually use them I need to get new flanged bearings first tho

Kyosho Scorpion

Follows
    Following

I will check and just may have some for you.

I was thinking the aluminum txt-1 or jps styled cantilevers, They may be a hair longer then the esp.

Follows
    Following

I do have 5 of them bearings pretty sure esp only used 4 though.

Yours if you want them!