Members do not see advertisements

Thumbs up castle monster esc with nicads

for someone concerned about lipo battery fires, is anyone using a castle monster x esc with ni-cad batteries?

I've used it with nickel metals and it did fine. But I'm not sure if anyone has used nickel cadmium in a while

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Follows
    Following

Don't be concerned about lipos. They are safe as anything else as long as you use a little common sense

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Follows
    Following

There is not enough voltage in NiCad packs to support the amp draw. High discharge NiMh or LiPo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    way too many r/c cars...

Follows
    Following

If lipo scares you and you feel uncomfortable about them then don't use them.

I'm sure as h*ll not using them myself for the same reason as yours. I'm only using Nimh packs and NiCad

simply because I have no need for more speed. Why over kill a retro Clod right?

castle says ni-cads won't provide enough power. I'm actually about to buy the thunder ac680 charger and 6000mah 150c lipo batteries.
    I have a cinder block and will get a pound or so of sand.

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by 2wdPuller View Post
    castle says ni-cads won't provide enough power. I'm actually about to buy the thunder ac680 charger and 6000mah 150c lipo batteries.
    I have a cinder block and will get a pound or so of sand.
    I have that particular charger myself. Cant go wrong with the thunder charger.

This is what I'm using in the Ground Pounder despite it not being waterproof.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leopard-TORO...item3384c02e6c
    Only drawl back about Nimh packs is the fact they don't have a memory cut off. I guess I dont like lipo because I had a ducted fan stealth fighter that used lipo and once the ducted fan cut out it crashed and the flight instructor warned me about lipo in rc aircraft afterwords. Secondly the safety of my kids always comes first before anything else in life. So yes I'm very strick in that aspects and if anyone has a problem with what I said above that's your own tough luck. Now go run along outside on the streets and light your lipo on fire with roman candles.

Don't forget those B&H tires no need to be afraid of them Tad their very pretty looking right to the "T"
    and they wont come up and bite you in the a** ahahaha

Good luck on your build bud.
    Last edited by Cowboyclod; 02-20-2017 at 02:04 PM.

I have had more nimh batteries blow up on me than lipos.

Just get a good lipo safe bag. Charge and store them in it.. Never leave them in the truck plugged up. I always storage charge the batteries. It will help keep them from puffing on you over time.

that's the plan to be careful tad.
    cowboy, can you hit the left button and wrap back around to 6.0 amps or do you have to hit right arrow 60 times?

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by 2wdPuller View Post
    that's the plan to be careful tad.
    cowboy, can you hit the left button and wrap back around to 6.0 amps or do you have to hit right arrow 60 times?

PM me