Members do not see advertisements
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425

Thread: Arcocustom 4X4

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by Arcocustom View Post

Well, here is my latest Tamiya 4x4 build. It started off with a Black powder coated 4130 chrome moly steel tubular chassis from New Era Models and a blank sheet of paper. I have been gathering body parts, mounting brackets, hardware, and drivetrain components since January. Along with the factory body mounts, I also have a complete NIP Jugg 2 bodyset that mounts to the chassis. There are also a few new High-Lift parts in the mix.

My plan is to use High-Lift axles and 2.2 in. wheels and tires. The rear axle is fitted with Junfac rear steer eliminators. The transmission is from an original Jugg 1, which has 5mm out-put shafts that match the 5mm pinions on the High-Lift axles. The high-Lift axles will be installed up-side-down to match the rotation of the Jugg transmission.

For my 4 link, I have a set of CPE Clod Buster aluminum units. The upper 4-link mounts are custom made out of aluminum angle. I started the mock-up with the rear axle and then worked my way to the front.

Out front, the 4-link mount will also serve as my steering servo mount. I am also running RC4WD wheel wideners to make the trucks stance about 2 inches wider.

That's the story so far...
    Thanks for taking a look.
    Hi Arco! I picked up a New Era Juggernaut Chassis and I was wondering if you can show me how the cab mounts the chassis.
    Txt-1, Juggernaut 2, custom 4x4 stampede, and alot more

I changed a lot of jobs and I've I have a lot of experience in communication with coworkers and I want to share it. This article contains some interesting hints for you to be the best newbie ever http://resume-writer.net/blog/these-...eek-at-new-job

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by Indicate64 View Post
    I changed a lot of jobs and I've I have a lot of experience in communication with coworkers and I want to share it. This article contains some interesting hints for you to be the best newbie ever http://resume-writer.net/blog/these-...eek-at-new-job
    get out spammer.

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by rocpede4x4 View Post
    Hi Arco! I picked up a New Era Juggernaut Chassis and I was wondering if you can show me how the cab mounts the chassis.
    Hello there. There are 2 options. The Black chassis has 4 holes drilled into that chrome moly nerf tube at the base of the cab. The Blue chassis only has 2 holes,
    but the rear hinge bracket needed to be modified. It is not easy to drill that chrome moly tubing. It is super hard and it gets work hardened if you overheat it. You will
    need a very good drill and very good drill bits.

Cab Mounts for the F-350 High-Lift.

Cab Mounts installed on top of tube.

Cab Mounts installed on the bottom of the tube.

Hope this post has been of some help.
    - Arco
    Last edited by Arcocustom; 02-03-2017 at 05:33 PM.
    Measure twice, cut one, then throw it away and try again.

Follows
    Following

Have a few questions as well regarding New Era chassis; Am I right in thinking there was a mark 1 and mark 2 version of the chassis?

And what are the differences between mark 1 & mark 2?
    Alex

Follows
    Following

Thank you for the help and pictures Arcocustom. I'm going to the one hole for mounting the bracket. Cause the chassis is at the powder coater's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Txt-1, Juggernaut 2, custom 4x4 stampede, and alot more

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by GRAVETXT-1 View Post
    Have a few questions as well regarding New Era chassis; Am I right in thinking there was a mark 1 and mark 2 version of the chassis?

And what are the differences between mark 1 & mark 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcocustom View Post
    The chassis is made by New Era Models and can be bought online. They are made from chromemoly steel and powdercoated. The one I have is actually for a Juggernaught that I adapted to a Clod.

http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi...id=&part_id=70

They also have a Super Clod Buster version.

http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi...=&part_id=2186
    Hello.
    Answer: The only difference is the brace on the back of the cab. The original had an X brace. The newer versions had a single diagonal brace. Every chassis New Era sold was made by hand.
    The last ones were made per order. Took about two weeks. The Newer ones could be had in a variety of colors per request. I requested Black. The original units were only available in the French Blue powdercoat. The first few pages of this thread has some info. There are also some additional details starting around page 6 in this thread. http://www.rcmt.net/forums/showthrea...ggernaut/page6

Cab Mounts installed on top of tube.
    *Notice the brace around the top of the windshield.
    On the BLACK tubular chassis, my decision on body-placement was made by how far the suspension could travel before the tires hit the body.
    This truck's chassis sits lower. It was custom built using 2.2 axles and 120mm long shocks. Even though it is running 5 &1/2 inch tall - 2.2 inch WK tires, the body benefits from being "lifted" 3/16ths of an inch.

Cab Mounts installed on the bottom of the tube.
    *Notice the brace around the top of the windshield.
    On the BLUE tubular chassis, my decision on body-placement was also determined by how good the gap looked around the windshield of the cab.
    Both trucks were built with the idea to "highlight what was lurking beneath" the body. The lines along the suspension cradle are important too IMHO.

Body Mounts installed on the BOTTOM of the tube.
    *Notice the brace behind the front bumper. It is centered in the opening.

Body Mounts installed on the TOP of the tube.
    *Notice the brace behind the front bumper. It is NOT centered in the opening. It is now hidden behind the lower section of the bumper.

Thanks for taking a look. - Arco
    Last edited by Arcocustom; 02-03-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Follows
    Following

Wow thank you very much very helpful indeed have wanted one of these chassis for the longest time this thread has reminded me of the fact.

Guys if anyone has a New Era Juggernaut version chassis I would like to buy it. PM me please.
    Alex

Follows
    Following

the monster factory..

S4023108.JPG

Follows
    Following

TITANOMACHY

the Son of ...

S4023157.jpg

S4023163.jpg

S4022935.JPG

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425