Members do not see advertisements

Lightbulb ISP racing seat clone + templates I made!

So, I made this seat for my Digger project a while ago, and a few people started asking if I could do more of those for sale, so I promised to make these templates instead, so you could try making one yourself!

I tried to explain how to put it together, but feel free to ask me if there's any problems! I suggest you use Paint to print them, because that's the easiest program to use. Just go to the page setup, and adjust it to print to 100%. Doing so it comes out at the correct size, which is about the same size as Axial Corbeau seat. Of course you can print it to any size you like!

Here are the templates for aluminum sheet. Plus a small lexan piece for the head padding. You can use something else than lexan too, but use something water resistant so if the seat ever gets wet it doesn't get ruined!

And here's the template sheet for cutting the fabric pieces. You can use what ever fabric you like, or even leather, or both! Use some thick glue, so it doesn't seep through the fabric. That means no super glues!

And this is what it should look like when finished!

Note that I added some extra padding in the seat part so it would look a bit thicker, but that's totally optional!

And here are finally the decals! Get some decal paper and print these out the same way as the templates, and they should come out the correct size. Leave a little white border around the small ones, because that's how they are on the 1:1 seats.

If any questions, feel free to ask!

And if you make yourself one of these, please post some pics here for everyone to see, thanks!
    Last edited by TXT-2.0; 01-20-2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Logos added

Follows
    Following

This is very nice and well thought out, Paul4x4. Thanks. I can certainly use this.
    I am the rocks of the Eternal Shore. Crash against me and be broken!

Follows
    Following

Nice work, and very generous for sharing
    __solids rule _________________________ My Email

Follows
    Following

I have one question that I think is important, what thickness of aluminum did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Bracz View Post
    I have one question that I think is important, what thickness of aluminum did you use?
    I think it's 2mm or so. I have never measured it, and the truck is not here with me right now so I can't check...

So, has anyone already started making the seat?

I heard about a possible problem with the sticker sheet coming out too big when printed at 100%, but on my computer it works just fine now that I test printed it, so I'd like to hear some feedback if there's problems!

So is there any finished seats by now?

I made a batch of these, and now I've got eight seats for sale and ready to ship!
    http://www.rcmt.net/forums/showthrea...l4X4-race-seat

I also noticed a few errors with the templates, and I'm gonna upload new updated v1.1 templates when I find time to do all the corrections!

M

Follows
    Following

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Follows
    Following

this needs to be stickied somewhere...

great info...thanks for sharing it...

Follows
    Following

I think ill make a mini one for my WK!
    Blaze, Tuber WK, Traxxas GD, Custom Trophy truck and much more...

Am really wanting to do one of these seats for my own truck, but when I print the templates out as 100% in page setup, they print what seems to be far too large. Could I ask a massive favor to anyone who has one of these seats to please take the measurement of maybe the height or width of theirs? That way I can print it out a few times until I get the size correct.

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSammy View Post
    Am really wanting to do one of these seats for my own truck, but when I print the templates out as 100% in page setup, they print what seems to be far too large. Could I ask a massive favor to anyone who has one of these seats to please take the measurement of maybe the height or width of theirs? That way I can print it out a few times until I get the size correct.
    Not sure how exact you want to get...

overall height of the back is 3.712
    smallest portion where head would be is .938 wide
    widest portion where legs would be is 1.830 wide

Hope this helps, if you need more let me know.
    Jugg 2, Boyer Digger, Super Stallion, KK1 Clod, Dark Knight KK2

Nope, that is perfect thank you. Gives me exactly what I need to print out the the template to be the correct size, cheers!

Strangely I needed to print my template at 73% Normal Size in MS Paint to get the exact measurements you provided above. If I print the decals at 73% Normal Size they are still way too big. Do you think you could please measure for me the width of the largest ISP Decal? That way I can get the correct size for that one too.

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSammy View Post
    Strangely I needed to print my template at 73% Normal Size in MS Paint to get the exact measurements you provided above. If I print the decals at 73% Normal Size they are still way too big. Do you think you could please measure for me the width of the largest ISP Decal? That way I can get the correct size for that one too.
    I will do it first thing in the morning if someone else hasn't got it for you.

Follows
    Following

The big isp sticker is .732 wide and the P4x4D is 1.245 wide

Hey guys, sorry for all the questions, am working on a seat for my truck over the holiday season, but am struggling to find fabric similar to the black fabric used in this thread. It almost looks like the inner side of windcheater material?

For those that made these seats themselves, what type of fabric did you use, and where did you find it?

The fabric I used, was some sort of black velvet type fabric. Your local fabric store most likely have many suitable fabrics in stock.

BTW, your inbox is full, DarkSammy!

Thanks Paul!