Members do not see advertisements
Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default My FLM extended pede

I know I haven't been around here much for a while. I've kind of dropped off all of the forums I used to frequent, but I've still been lurking here and there and havent stopped playing with my RC stuff. Wanted to share my recently assembled FLM stampede. I had a load of spare parts for my one stampede (had it for over 18 years now!) and I decided I wanted to put together a second truck. I wanted it to be bigger and badder too. I picked up a FLM 1/8th scale extended chassis and braces. I had a full pro-trac suspension kit, so I bolted that up. I updated the gears and slipper clutch on my spare gearbox that I had left over from when I made my truck a 4x4 for a short time. I also installed a hot racing sealed diff with 50k fluid (the reasoning will become clear later). I had to get some shocks for it, so I grabbed a set of traxxas GTR big bores, and they are niiiiiiccccceeeee. I finished off the mechanicals with my old set of TTR clodbuster adapters with new proline dominators. Big right? To power this beast, I tossed in a spare RX8 and 4000kv Pro 4 motor that I had lying around. This thing rolls out as if Optimus Prime himself commanded it! I topped it all off with an Axial Mighty FC body. The wheel base on that body was just right. Many of the others that I looked at were just a bit too long.
    Anyway, here it is

And here is a video of it in action at the final race of the year for the stampede class at washtenaw rc raceway this past weekend.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmPofdTguS0

That pede looks awesome

Follows
    Following

Looks fantastic !

Thanks! I was really surprised at just how well this thing drives. Going from my standard sized stampede to this one, it cut over 3 seconds off my fast lap time. The backflip at the end surprised me a bit too lol

Follows
    Following

Wow that was quite impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Juggatron, Minitron, slash 4x4 platinum

Follows
    Following

That thing is cool. Handling is so much better than my pede. If only I knew about the racing of pedes I would have gladly driven down there to race

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
    Clod-Terminator, Pede- undergoing aluminum chassis and shock towers,JRX-2(Resto)- looking for parts, Vanning- shelf queen, losi mini-dt- waiting for brushless, TLT-scale mud truck.

My pocketbook hates you...

-Joe

OK I broke down and ordered a chassis and the braces. What would work for a battery hold down? I was thinking some battery boxes like from an RC10? Or is there something else that works well?

-Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joeman37 View Post
    OK I broke down and ordered a chassis and the braces. What would work for a battery hold down? I was thinking some battery boxes like from an RC10? Or is there something else that works well?

-Joe
    OK My chassis showed up today and has battery straps with it! Cool bonus. Unfortunately the eBay seller sent the wrong one so I will have to deal with sending it back and getting the right one.

-Joe

I finally got around to working on my FLM 'Pede and have a question. It came with what I am assuming is an antenna tube holder but for the life of me I cannot find a hole on the chassis that the thing screws into. Anyone build one of these that can tell me which hole the holder should go into?

Thanks!

-Joe

Follows
    Following

Looks great, seems like it works good to

I extended my Pede with a piece of aluminum and 2 bolts
    Last edited by theblazer24; 01-03-2018 at 07:18 PM.
    Blaze, Tuber WK, Traxxas GD, Custom Trophy truck and much more...

Default Clodopedes are the best

So I purchased a Chuckworks Extended Stampede chassis, proline brawler with destroyer tires, & rpm everything to convert mine I just joined as a member and Gabe to figure out how to link pics.

Default Pics of my chuckworks pede